Blackberry Banana Morning Smoothie
Smooooothies! Oh my morning Plant Power ultimate joy! Not only are they easy to make (just blend all ingredients and voila!) but they are a wonderful source of vitamins, minerals and fibre. And obviously they are so delicious!
I usually make smoothies in the morning, especially this one since it has oats and bananas.
Bananas are wonderful to eat before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar level. They are high in potassium and pectin (a form of fibre), high in antioxidants, which can provide protection from free radicals (and cancer!) and they are a great source of potassium, an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function.
Blueberries are often labeled ‘superfoods’ and ‘kings of antioxidant’ food. Do I need to say more?
Makes: 3-4 cups
Prep time: 5 min
- 200g blueberries (you can use frozen ones, they are cheaper! but taste the same)
- 2 bananas
- 30g oats
- 1 tbsp. almond or peanut butter
- 300g almond milk (or any other nut milk)
- 200g water
- 1 tsp. maca powder
- 1 tsp. lacuna powder
- 1 tbsp. goji berries
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
1. Wash blueberries (unless you are using frozen) and then add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
2. If using chia seeds make sure to drink immediately as the consistency might settle and you might have to eat it with a spoon!