Bread & Cream Pudding with Berries
In my humble opinion, nothing beats this simple but totally delicious Bread & Butter Pudding. This is the first English-origin dish that I have ever tried when arriving to London those 14 years ago. Just yum and so easy to make :-).
Equipment: oven, baking dish
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time: 30 min
- 6 pieces of sliced toasting bread
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 250ml rice milk (or any other nut milk)
- 3 tbsp. corn flour
- 250ml coconut milk
- 5 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ juice of fresh lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 400g frozen or fresh berries
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. If using frozen berries, take them out of the freezer and set aside to defrost.
3. Toast and cube the bread. Using coconut oil, lightly grease a 20cm square baking dish.
4. Pour the rice milk into a medium size bowl, add the corn flour and whisk together. Mix in the coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract & cinnamon.
5. Place the cubed bread onto the baking dish and pour over the milky mixture. Fold in the berries (if using fresh, cut them in half) and bake for 30 min until the top is nice and lightly brown.
6. Serve warm with coconut yogurt, if available.