Sprouted Buckwheat Porridge Blueberry-Chia Compote
Recently I’ve been reading a lot about amino acids. They are important for us as they convert themselves into serotonin, and thus, in short, keep us happy. If you are vegan it is crucial to keep an eye on this and either stock up on food that is full of complex amino acids or get supplements. Buckwheat and Chia Seeds are one of those wonderful foods rich in mood-enhancing nutrients, and I guess there is no better way other than to start a day with a delicious and healthy breakfast.
Equipment: Blender, small cooking pot
Soaking time: Almonds – 12h or overnight; Buckwheat groats: – overnight or 48h
Cooking time: 15 min
For the porridge:
- 60g buckwheat groats, soaked overnight or for 48h
- 50g almonds, soaked overnight
- 1 banana
- 150 ml water
- Optional: 2 tbsp. hemp seed or flaxseed
For the compote:
- 150g blackberries
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 100 ml water
1. Rinse the buckwheat groats and the almonds and place in the blender with the rest of the porridge ingredients. Blend until smooth, pour into 2 breakfast bowls.
2. Wash the blackberries and place in a cooking pot. Add chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and water and cook over a low heat for about 10-15 minutes until the chia seeds set. Once ready, pour over the porridge and serve immediately.