Walnut Miso Pesto
What a brilliant recipe this is! It was first introduced to me by my dear friend Suzi Green at www.greenvitality.co.uk. It’s such a simple combination of ingredients you’d never think to put together but the result is absolutely delicious. It can be used as a dip, a pizza topping, pasta sauce. In short, your imagination is the limit! Enjoy :-).
Prep time: 5 min
- A large bunch of basil (about 30g)
- 2 tsp. miso paste
- 100g of walnuts (soaked at least for 2 hours)
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 30ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Put the basil, miso, lemon juice and drained walnuts into a blender. Blitz on high for a few seconds.
2. Add the olive oil and mix on a lower speed.
3. Serve immediately! This will keep for several days in the fridge.