Avocado Smash with Butter Beans
It could be a salad, it could be a dip, let’s just call it a side dish. For me vegan cooking is most of the time about composing your meal with many different little dishes, the more colour on your plate the better.
Prep time: 10 min
- 3 ripe avocados
- 250g plum or baby tomatoes, sliced in half
- 400g butter (or cannellini) beans
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- Juice of a large lemon
- ½ tsp. chilli flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Peel the avocados, roughly chop them and then place them in a salad bowl. Smash them using a fork, perhaps not quite to a baby food consistency.
2. Add the lemon juice, pepper, chilli flakes and stir a couple of times. Then add the tomatoes, beans & spring onions and stir again. Ground more black pepper on top, if you like.