Black Bean Chocolate Fudge
Yes, I know… Black bean and chocolate… But think about it. Cocoa… is a bean! So it makes perfect sense. In fact in the amalgamation of all the cacao/almond flavours you cannot really taste the beans at all. Saying that they give the chocolate bites a bit more fudginess plus beans are great in lowering the GI (Glucose Index) of the whole dessert. This results in less spikiness in your blood glucose and also keeping you satiated for longer.
Equipment: silicon tray for 24 mini muffins
Prep time: 20 min
- 100g cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 100g almonds, soaked for 12 hours
- 100g maple syrup (or more if you like it really sweat)
- 50g carob powder (or cacao powder)
- 50g coconut oil
- ½ tsp. almond essence
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 100g canned or cooked blacked beans*
*I sometimes use kidney or cannellini beans for this recipe.
1. Blend the cashews & almonds in a high speed blender until smooth.
2. Melt coconut oil until runny but not hot.
3. Place all the ingredients into a blender and blitz.
4. Spread them evenly into a 24 mini muffin silicon tray. Refrigerate overnight or place in the freezer for about an hour.