Cavolo Nero in Tahini Dressing
Cavolo Nero is also known as Black Kale or Black Cabbage. It originates from the fields of Tuscany where it was first believed to be grown in 600BC. There is no doubt that this green darling is healthy. It has a strong dose of calcium, vitamins A, B, C & K as well as omega-3 fatty acids and plenty of fibre. It has a pleasantly tangy, bitter flavour, with a sweet aftertaste.
This dish is a perfect addition to your Buddha bowl or a base for a bigger salad.
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time: 12 min
- 200g Cavolo Nero
- 2 tbsp. tahini dressing
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp. chilli flakes
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Properly wash the leaves of cavolo nero. Cut out the stems and then steam them until soft (I use the Thermomix and it takes me 12 minutes).
2. Place all the dressing ingredients into a salad bowl and stir until blended.
3. Once the cavolo nero is steamed, shake it a little bit to remove any excess water, then add to the dressing and stir in and voilà!