Jackfruit Smoky Jacket Sweet Potato Filling
The combination of sweetness of the potato and smokiness of the filling is just a masterpiece, I swear! Also, if you haven’t tried jackfruit before – it has a texture similar to tuna.
So if you are craving a certain type of dish (like a tuna-mayo jacket potato) – this is much tastier, much healthier and much more sustainable… and do you know why? Because for every pound of fish caught, up to five pounds of unintended marine species (dolphins, turtles, sharks and other fish) are caught and discarded as by-kill. 🙁 Seriously, just have a jackfruit and nobody gets hurt.
Equipment: blender, oven, baking tray
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 25 min
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 400g tin Jackfruit
- 150g Cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 100g Cooked Chickpeas
- 2 tbsp. Liquid Smoke
- 2 tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
- 10g Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp. Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 100ml Non-Dairy Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Scrub the sweet potatoes with a brush; pierce them with a fork all over. Bake for 25 minutes, or longer depending on the potatoes’ size.
3. In the meantime, put all the remaining ingredients apart from the jackfruit and chickpeas into a blender and blend on high for a few seconds. Add some water if the mixture is too stiff.
4. Pour over the jackfruit and chickpeas in an oven-proof dish. Mix together. Cover the dish and put into the oven for 25 minutes at 180°C.
5. Cut the sweet potatoes in half and serve with a few scoops of the jackfruit filling on top, along with a green vegetable or salad.