Kohlrabi & Green Apple Coleslaw
I absolutely love the crunchiness and juiciness of kohlrabi. There is obviously nothing wrong with our modest cabbage that you can substitute it for, but… 🙂
I like to make the spiralised version of coleslaw as this veggie shape somehow makes it a bit more funky (and tasty!).
If you don’t have a spiraliser then you can use a vegetable mandoline or just a sharp knife to Julienne it into small slices.
Prep time: 10 min
- 1 kohlrabi
- 1 green apple
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 2 tbsp. “Oatly” Crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper & salt to taste
- 100g dry or 200g canned Puy lentils (optional)
1. In a salad bowl mix all the dressing ingredients.
2. Peel and spiralise the kohlrabi & apple. Add to the salad bowl.
3. If using dry lentils, rinse them thoroughly and then boil for 20-25 minutes, until soft. Once cooked, drain and gently fold into salad.