Potato & Corn Chowder
This creamy, comforting soup is great as a winter lunch or dinner. It’s really easy to make and costs peanuts! Make sure to make a double batch as it keeps forever and it’s really hard to get enough of it! :-)
Cooking time: 30 min
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil or rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- ½ tsp. chilli flakes or cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 large yellow potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 2 tbsp. vegetable bouillon
- 250g frozen corn
- 250 ml Oatly Crème Fraîche
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & freshly grounded black pepper, to taste
- Small bunch of parsley, chopped, to serve
1. In a large frying pan melt the coconut oil and add the onions. Cook on a high heat constantly stirring for 2 minutes, or, until golden. Turn down the heat and add garlic and all the spices. Cook for another minute, make sure to stir and not letting the spices to burn.
2. Add carrots, then potatoes and fry for another 5 minutes. Add 1 litre of filtered water, bouillon and cook for another 25 minutes. Add the corn, crème fraîche, salt & pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Add lemon juice, more salt & pepper if needed. Serve warm with chopped parsley on top.