Raw Asian Salad
This is a recipe inspired by my cooking training that I’ve done in Thermomix. It is simple and delicious – almost too good to be healthy as well!
Equipment: powerful blender or Thermomix
Makes: 6-8 portions
Prep time: 10 min
- 4 dates, pitted
- ½ lemon, peeled, pips removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 tsp. Chinese five spice
- Thumb-size root ginger, peeled
- 40g sesame oil
- 150g red or white cabbage cut into pieces
- 1 red pepper, deseeded, cut into pieces
- 80g organic carrots, cut into pieces
- 100g Tender-stem broccoli
- 50g runner beans, ends cut off
- Bunch coriander leaves
- 100g bean sprouts
- 70g peanuts
1. Place dates, lemon, orange, garlic, Chinese five spice, ginger and sesame oil in a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Add cabbage, pepper, carrots, broccoli, runner beans and coriander and blend for a very short period of time just to shred the vegetables, not turning them into a pulp. [You can obviously do this part manually, using a knife or a vegetable shredder]
3. Move the salad into a large salad bowl, add the bean sprouts and peanuts and mix in with a spatula. Serve immediately.