Roasted Aubergines with Garam Masala
Technically this is not a recipe… It’s more like a side dish; however I use roasted aubergines as an ingredient in many of my dishes hence instead of typing the instructions every single time, here is a page where you can find the method described.
Tip: On its own aubergines can be quite tasteless; therefore I roast them with a variety of spices. Garam Masala works well, but you can try using cumin or any mild type of curry powder.
Equipment: oven, roasting tray, baking paper
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time: 20-25 min
- 2-3 medium size aubergines
- 3 tbsp. rapeseed oil (or any other oil suitable for high heat)
- 1 tbsp. cumin
1. Preheat the oven to 220° C
2. Wash and chop the aubergines into 1.5 cm rings
3. Lay out a roasting tray with baking paper and using a silicon pastry brush spread the rapeseed oil over the baking paper.
4. Spread the aubergine rings on the baking paper; try avoiding layering for equal roasting. Using the same silicon brush paint the aubergines on top as well and then sprinkle the spices evenly over the tray.
5. Place in the oven and roast for about 20-25 minutes, checking regularly if they are not getting too brown (this will depend on the type of oven that you have and the exact thickness of the rings that you shaped).