Star Pasta Middle Eastern Way with Tricolore Paprika
For me, being vegan is being creative… I’ve always been a creative person, so why not be one in the kitchen? And thus, I often use different shapes and sizes of pasta to spice up my life and cook something different. But no worries, this recipe works with any other type of pasta. In fact, you can substitute it with Orzo (it looks a bit like a giant rice) that is easily available in any bigger supermarket. So why not, when you’re next doing your food shopping, grab something different and try this out. It’s easy, it’s simple and it’s delicious.
Equipment: frying pan, medium size saucepan for cooking pasta
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 15 min
- 500g Star pasta (or Orzo pasta)
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 1 red, yellow & green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ chilli flakes
- ½ bunch of dill finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. rapeseed oil or coconut oil for frying
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to the packaging instructions, drain and set aside.
2. Heat the pan, add the onions, rapeseed oil and cook until golden.
3. Turn the heat down, add the peppers, garlic and fry for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the turmeric, cinnamon, ginger powder, chilli flakes, sesame seeds and sauté for another 3-5 min.
5. Add the pasta and stir well.
6. Add the extra virgin olive oil and dill and mix well.
7. Serve warm as a side dish or keep for another day or two as a lunch idea.