Wild Garlic Risotto
Risotto is one of those amazingly quick and easy recipes to make. And I do have to admit that I love all gooey types of food, so the starchier the rice you choose, the better for my (personal) taste. And thus Arborio is the rice of my choice here. It would also taste well for any rice pudding dish… yum!
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time: 25-30 min
- 250g Arborio rice
- 2 onions
- 1 aubergine
- 200g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp. vegetable bouillon
- Big bunch of wild garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Melt coconut oil in a medium size cooking pan and add the onions. Fry on a high heat stirring constantly for about 2 minutes, or until golden.
2. Chop the aubergine into 1.5cm cubes, add to the pan and fry for another 5 minutes. Add the vegetable bouillon and 400 ml of water. Add in the rice and, frequently stirring, cook for another 10 minutes or until most of the water evaporates. Keep adding 150 ml of water (until you have added the whole litre) constantly stirring.
3. Finally, thoroughly wash and roughly chop the wild garlic. Add it together with the peas to the risotto. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and black pepper. Serve with chopped chives and a dollop of extra virgin olive oil.