Easy New Potato Salad
Back in the days when you couldn’t get all sorts of veggies all year round, summer was the time to cook with new potatoes. Unlike their fully-grown counterparts, they are much sweeter (their sugar has not yet converted into starch) and thus much suited for salads.
Here is a simple version of my dish I cooked (and devoured) the other day.
Prep time: 20 min
- 600g new potatoes
- 100g Mixed Leaf Salad (or any other peppery leaves)
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 60g capers
- 6 medium cucumbers in brine, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. tahini
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper & salt, to taste
1. Cut the potatoes in quarters. Boil for 15 minutes, or until soft. Drain and place aside to cool.
2. Mix together the tahini, mustard, olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepper.
3. Place the potatoes, salad leaves, spring onions, capers and cucumbers in a salad bowl. Pour over the dressing and stir it in until combined. Add more salt and pepper, if required.