I don’t often use tofu. But sometimes I do.
Basically I love simple way of cooking by sautéing vegetables with herbs and spices. Adding tofu is a like a little cherry on top, giving it a different texture. Yum!
Equipment: tofu press or 2 chopping boards, heavy book/brick and kitchen towel
Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 15 min
- 1 tbsp. coconut / rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp. dry rosemary
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. marjoram
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. chilli flakes
- 1 pack of firm tofu
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped, core removed
- 278 frozen peas / 100g
- 200g mushrooms of your choice
- Freshly ground black pepper & salt to taste
1. Place the tofu in the tofu press and leave it for 20 min to drain from any liquid. Alternatively, you can press it between to chopping boards and a heavy book on top, with kitchen towel to soak up the liquid.**
2. Dry fry the herbs & spices for 1 minute, constantly stirring. Add the oil and the roughly chopped mushroom, fry for about two minutes. Add the pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Chop the tofu into 1 cm cubes or slightly smaller and add to the frying pan. Continue cooking for another 5 min.
4. Add the peas, cover with lid, cook for a final 5 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste.
**TIP: Do this step the night before or first thing in the morning (while you making your coffee etc) so that you don’t have to specifically wait for it.