Quick Sprouted Spirulina Pasta with Broccoli, Pine Nuts & Olives
This is an idea for a quick lunch or dinner or simply when your time is spare. I love this simple recipe so much, I usually have it at least once a week… and I never get bored of this. Get in my belly please!
Equipment: blender, medium size saucepan
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 15 min
For the pesto:
(Makes about 200 ml)¹
- 40g basil leaves and tender stems
- 40g Vegan Parmesan cheese
- 15g pine nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 75g extra virgin olive oil
For the pasta:
- 125g Sprouted Spirulina pasta (but it can be any other pasta)
- Half a head of broccoli
- 10 plum tomatoes, halved
- 15 green olives
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast to serve
- Basil leaves to serve
- Freshly ground black pepper
¹ I usually make a lot of pesto in advance and freeze it dividing it into small Tupperware containers.
1. Start by making the pesto. Wash the basil leaves carefully and dry well on a paper towel. Place all the pesto ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
2. Cut the broccoli into small florets and place them in a cooking pot, cover with boiling water plus another 2cm, bring to boil and then simmer for another 3 minutes. Add pasta to the pot and cook for another 7 minutes (or more, according to the packaging instructions.
3. Once pasta is ready, drain it (and the broccoli that cooked with it) and place on a serving plate. Pour over the pesto and gently stir.
4. Add the tomatoes, pine nuts, olives, pour over the extra virgin olive oil and gently stir.
5. Sprinkle the nutritional yeast and the basil leaves on top. Ground some black pepper for extra taste.