Bircher Muesli with Mango Shavings & Pomegranate
This is the fastest breakfast idea ever! And just look at the colours, literally a rainbow start to the day! Yum!
Prep time: 10 min
Makes: 1 portion
- 3 flat tbsp. gluten free rolled oats
- 2 flat tbsp. oat bran
- 150ml rice milk or any other nut milk
- 1 tbsp. shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup or ginger syrup
- ½ mango
- ½ pomegranate
- 1 tbsp. hemp seed
1. Place the oats and oat bran in a breakfast bowl and pour over the rice milk.
2. Sprinkle the shredded coconut and the hemp seed (if using).
3. Using a potato peeler, peel the mango, discard the skin, and then keep on peeling or ‘shaving’ it on top of the oats.
4. Cut the pomegranate in half and sprinkle the seeds on top of the mango making sure the white membrane is discarded.
5. Squeeze the maple syrup on top, cover and store overnight.