Warm Winter Salad
I’m not going to dwell on introductions here as the colours of this salad speak for themselves. Also, I never read any lengthy monologues about food on other blogs, for inspiration I only look at the photography.
Saying that, I love the combination of the sweetness of the roasted potatoes and the bitterness & crunchiness of the radicchio.
You can serve it warm or cold, but whatever you do – please don’t forget the hummus or baba ganoush!
Equipment: oven, roasting tray, baking paper
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time: 25 min
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 red onions
- 3 sprigs of spring onions
- 1 small radicchio
- 100g Puy lentils
For the dressing
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. whole grain mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. walnut oil
- Salt & freshly grated black pepper
1. Roast the sweet potatoes according to the recipe here (minus cumin). Peel and cut the onions lengthways and then add them to the roasting potatoes for the last 15-20 minutes.
2. Rinse and sieve through the lentils and then cook them for 25 minutes.
3. Mix the dressing ingredients in a salad bowl.
4. Chop the spring onions and the radicchio; add to a salad bowl alongside the roasted onions & sweet potatoes and cooked lentils. Serve with hummus. Enjoy!